Orthodontics may bring to mind brightly colored brackets and wires, but today, a range of teeth aligning options make orthodontics a less noticeable treatment options for many patients. Dr. Javod Gol at Precision Dentistry in Columbia, MD, can provide Invisalign® treatment – a popular brand of clear aligner orthodontic solutions. From beginning to end, you can receive a straighter, more symmetrical smile from your Columbia, MD dentist, Dr. Gol.
When you’re ready to set up your consultation, simply contact our Columbia office! We will be happy to assist you.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a brand of clear orthodontic aligners that can align and straighten teeth without the wires or brackets required by traditional orthodontics. Invisalign® is ideal for patients who want a straighter smile, but don’t want to obstruct their natural teeth with visible orthodontic work. It’s a popular option for teens or adults who want alignment issues resolved quickly: the average treatment time with Invisalign® is just 12 months.
How does it work?
Invisalign® works through a patented SmartTrack plastic, which sets it apart from other clear aligners on the market today. With over 20 years of research and over 5 million cases, you can be sure that Invisalign® ’s proven method will help you achieve the smile you want.
The Invisalign® method is:
- Gentle: SmartTrack moves teeth into their correct place with an effective but gentle force.
- Controlled: Intricate grooves allow more precision when guiding teeth through micro movements perfected through years of research.
- Comfortable: A snug, sure fit keeps the clear aligners from coming loose during daily wear.
- Fast: SmartTrack material speeds up treatment time for clear aligners — up to 50% faster with weekly aligner updates.
So what types of alignment issues could you fix in just 12 months? Find out below.
What alignment issues can Invisalign® treat?
Invisalign® clear aligners can fix up to seven different alignment issues that patients commonly face.
- Overbite: when the top teeth significantly overlap the bottom, hiding or obscuring much of their appearance.
- Underbite: when the bottom teeth overlap in front of the top teeth. Invisalign® can correct some types of underbites, but other instances might require more extensive orthodontic work or oral surgery.
- Gapped Teeth: when spacing issues separate two or more teeth.
- Crossbite: when the mouth is closed, if some top teeth rest behind some bottom teeth, while some remain in front, this is most often referred to as a crossbite. Invisalign® can correct some instances of crossbite.
- Open Bite: when the top and bottom teeth don’t meet together when the mouth is closed.
- Crowded Teeth: when the jaw is too small to fit all of a patient’s teeth, and some teeth can overlap, twist, or get pushed behind other teeth.
- Crooked Teeth: when teeth have slight irregularities in alignment.
How can I begin Invisalign® treatment?
If your smile has one of the alignment issues listed above, Invisalign® may be right for you. A consultation with Dr. Gol will help you learn more about expected treatment timeline, daily wear instructions, and guaranteed results. If you live in the Columbia, MD area and are looking for a discrete, innovative approach to straighter teeth, contact us at (410) 884-0262, or email us at email@example.com. A member of our team can help you schedule your Invisalign® consultation today.